Part Time Sex Educator position available!
Sugar has a rare opening for a sex educator! One of our awesome part time staff is moving onto a another position. We're going to miss them like hell, but we're looking forward to meeting our new co-worker!
This position is part time - two to three shifts a week. It will require working Saturday nights, and possibly Friday days. Only people who are available on those days will be considered for this position.
Please review the below job description. If the position sounds like a good match for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- cover letter explaining why you would like to work at Sugar and how your experience is a good match for the position
Applications must be received by 5pm Friday, January 26th
Sex Educator Job Description
The Sex Educator is responsible for
- answering customers’ questions,
- using active listening skills to determine the customer’s concerns and needs,
- thorough understanding of store products,
- providing customers with the information they require to make the purchases that are best for them,
- and/or providing customers with referrals to other community organizations, stores or healthcare providers if Sugar is not able to meet their needs.
- SEs process sales in the POS system,
- stock the store and maintain information in the Inventory Control system,
- ensure that the store is clean and tidy at all times,
- fulfillment of customer orders for shipping and
- perform other duties as assigned. These duties may include: store decoration, workshop instruction and/or special events.
- A passion for Sugar’s mission
- Computer literacy
- Excellent customer service
- Able to accurately work with money
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Able to work evenings and weekends
- Comfort with and acceptance of diverse sexualities
- Cultural competency with diverse communities
- Knowledge and understanding of queer and gender issues
- Commitment to a team environment
- A mind that is open to new things and ways of solving problems
Previous experience in sexuality education, health education, retail and/or restaurant service.
Sugar will provide Sex Educators with:
- $12 an hour – eligible for $00.50 increase after two successful months
- Three paid sick days
- Paid holidays (when regularly scheduled on one of the four holidays that Sugar is closed)
- Family leave as needed (combination of paid and unpaid)
- Health insurance at 35 hours a week
- A commitment to a systems oriented work place.
- A work place that is respectful and supportive.
Sugar is a lesbian owned, multi-gender operated, for profit, mission driven sex toy store. By providing education and toys in a shame free, sex positive, fun environment we help people of all genders and orientations experience their own unique sexuality with shameless joy and passion.
A world in which healthy sexuality is respected and celebrated in all of it's diversity.
Sugar believes that sex between consenting adults is sacred, powerful and fun and should be celebrated and honored. By providing quality education and toys in a sex positive, fun atmosphere, we will help foster healthy sexuality. In order to provide our customers with impeccable customer service we strive to create a work environment that is healthy and supportive of each and every member of the Sugar team. Sugar also works to exist in the environment in a way that is sustainable and responsible.